Airport Security Parking (“ASP”) is committed to protecting your personal
information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles set out in the
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
with our obligations.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information which ASP collects will depend on the
circumstances of its collection and the nature of your particular dealing with
Information we collect about you in general dealings could include:
- Your name, address, telephone numbers, flight details and your drivers
- A recording of your image on Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
In the case of retail and marketing-related matters, we might collect additional
information such as:
- Your preferences concerning types of products or services;
- The frequency of use of certain types of products or services;
- The methods, purpose and frequency of travel;
- Your preferred destinations.
How do we collect information?
Personal information will normally only be collected directly from you when
you deal with us by telephone, by correspondence through a letter, fax or e-
mail, via our Internet website or through direct face-to-face contact.
Other ways in which we collect personal information include:
- Through the use of ‘cookies’ on our website. A cookie is a very small
text file which is stored on your computer’s hard drive when you first
visit our website. This information may be used to identify repeat
visitors to our website and areas of interest on our website;
- Where you access any of our retail systems;
- Recording your image on CCTV footage taken on ASP premises.
ASP’s use of CCTV is part of an ongoing crime prevention initiative,
targeting crime and other risks to aviation safety and airport security.
All footage captured by cctv is retained for a specific period, after which
time it is erased.
There may be occasions when we collect personal information about you from
a third party, such as:
- a service provider;
- in relation to security matters, a government department, body or law-
- enforcement agency;
- a publicly available source.
Where ASP collects personal information about you from a third person, we
will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware that we have the
What if you refuse to supply information?
Generally speaking, you are not obliged to provide us with personal
information about you. However, failure to do so may mean that we are
unable to transact business with you or provide you with an appropriate level
Opting in or out
At the point we collect information from you, you may be asked to “opt in”
to consent to us using or disclosing your personal information other than in
accordance with this policy or any applicable law. For example, you may
be asked to opt-in to receive further information or communications from
our advertisers and supporters which do not fall into one of the categories
You will generally be given the opportunity to “opt out” from receiving
communications from us or from third parties that send communications
to you in accordance with this policy. For example, you will be given the
option to unsubscribe from e-newsletters and other marketing or promotional
material sent by us. You may "opt out" from receiving these communications
by either clicking on an unsubscribe link at the end of an email.
If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us
or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in
accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please write to us at
How does ASP use your personal information?
Personal Information collected by ASP is generally used in any of the
- to help us develop, improve, manage and administer all of the services
we provide to you;
- to ensure that our business systems are functional and reliable, which
may include fulfilling legal obligations;
- to conduct marketing activities including market research;
- as part of the investigation and analysis of incidents or occurrences
(including potential incidents and occurrences) which occur on or at our
- to investigate, respond to and defend claims made against, or
- to confirm or verify a contract or agreement which ASP has with you.
We may also use your personal information for related purposes such
- to notify you of services, special offers, opportunities, products or
benefits which are being offered by ASP or any of our strategic alliance
partners, customer airlines, tenants or associated organisations.
If you do not wish to receive such information then you just need to inform us.
We will not use your personal information for purposes other than those set
out above without your consent or unless that use is authorised under the
Privacy Act 1988.
When does ASP disclose personal information to
ASP will only disclose your personal information to persons or bodies external
to ASP where permitted by the Privacy Act 1988, including in the following
- where you consent to the disclosure;
- to our contractors (for the purpose of the services which they provide)
so that we can complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you
with a service that you have requested;
- where required by law such as under a subpoena issued by a court; or
- for law enforcement or safety purposes, or operational purposes for
which the information was collected.
How does ASP protect your personal information?
ASP has security measures designed to provide reasonable protection
against misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or
disclosure. Such measures include:
- network segregation for sensitive information stored electronically, with
access restricted to staff holding appropriate positions;
- firewalls and login password protocols for all information stored
- secure, access-controlled premises;
- limited access locations for information stored as hard copy;
- confidentiality provisions in all our employment and service contracts;
- registers are maintained of all visitors to any part of our premises
where personal information may be stored, and such visitors are
required to be accompanied by a member of our staff at all times.
- ASP also employs secure methods for the destruction or de-
identification of personal information, which is undertaken when
permitted by law and where such information is no longer required by
What rights do you have to access and correct
your personal information held by us?
You may request access to, and correction of, any of your personal
information held by ASP, and such access will be provided and corrections
made except where precluded by the Privacy Act 1988. All requests for
access and/or correction will be processed within a reasonable time. In some
situations, you may be able to access and correct your personal information
directly through our website.
There is no application fee for making a request to access your personal
information. However, we may charge an administrative fee for the provision
of information in order to recover costs.
our information handling policies you should contact us at:
- Privacy Officer
- Airport Security Parking
- GPO Box N1007, Perth WA
- Telephone (08) 9479 3599
- Facsimile (08) 9479 3007
- E-mail: [email protected]